About the Handgun:
This is a scaled down variation of Llama's Large Frame 1911 style Model.
About the Manufacturer:
This arms company was stablished Vitoria, Spain in 1904 as Llama-Gabilondo y Cia SA. Initially the company made copies of Nagant revolvers in 7.62mm Nagant and 8mm Lebel, as well as Colt New Service, and Vélodog-style revolvers under their own brand. The firm also produced parts for other companies. A poor economic climate forced Gabilondo to file for bankruptcy in 1992, and in 1993 sixty of its gunsmiths and employees began forming a co-op to buy the LLAMA name and all of Gabilondo’s equipment. These Gabilondo employees took their time to get the best price so as not to add to the debt they would inherit, and finalized the transfer around the year 2000, moving the plant to Alava. The cooperative that took over was named Fabrinor Arma Corta y Microfusion, S.A. As much as they tried, the new cooperative could not overcome the company's accumulated debt, and by 2005 had to close their doors.
About the Cartridge:
This cartridge was developed by John Browning and was adopted by the United States Ordnance Department along with the Colt-Browning automatic pistol in 1911. It has also been made the official military handgun chambering by several other governments, notably Argentina, Mexico and Norway. The 45 Automatic is the most powerful military handgun cartridge in use today. This is a heavy and powerful sub-sonic round. Although its muzzle energy can exceed 400 ft-lbs, its velocity and bullet weight creates a steep trajectory curve that limits its effective range to self-defense distances.